If you want your property to make a great first impression, you simply must make an effort to boost your home’s curb appeal!
3 Things You Can Do To Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Your outdoor area is the first thing that people will see whenever they visit your humble abode, which is why you must take some time to trim your hedges and paint your doors.
Read on for 3 curb appeal boosting ideas…
1. Get green fingers
When it comes to curb appeal, green is most certainly the new black.
If you want to showcase the vibrancy of your property, you must tend to the greenery that is located at the front of your house.
Here are three green ideas that will be sure to inject your front garden with a little extra pizzazz:
- Accentuate key visual points (doors, windows, house number, and so on) with planters and pots
- Take care of your lawn (make sure you give it a final cut before the winter months set in)
- Embrace symmetry and structure (straight lines and solid planting always do the trick in this instance)
2. Introduce some light to boost your home’s curb appeal
There’s nothing more unwelcoming than a dark, dimly lit entryway.
If you want your property to make a great first impression on all those that visit it, you simply must introduce some light to the area.
Here are three lighting tips that will be sure to help bring your curb appeal to life:
- Invest in spike lighting – these lights provide optimum flexibility with regard to movement, which means they can be moved to suit the changing weather and seasons
- Accentuate key features (for example, trees, shrubs and statues) by shining a spotlight on them
- Light up your driveway with subtle light tones (avoid fitting security lights as the glare that they produce will be too harsh for your front garden)
3. Invest in a quirky gate
If you want to stamp a sense of individuality onto your front garden, you should seriously consider investing in quirky custom wooden gates.
This is a great way to accentuate the rest of your curb appeal features, and it’s also an effective way to drive home the style that you’re trying to capture with your garden design.
If, for instance, you’re trying to create a country garden feel, fitting an organic Greenwood gate will no doubt aid you in your attempt to achieve this feat.
Are you a dog owner? Me too!
If so, fitting a close boarded gate is not just a recommendation – it’s a necessity!
Taking this course of action will not only help to keep your dog safe, but it’ll also stop it from barking at people whenever they visit your home.
Ultimately, this will make your front garden feel a lot more welcoming and inviting.
The Bottom Line On Boosting Curb Appeal
Do you want your abode to stand out from the other properties on your street?
If so, you should step outside and resolve to boost your home’s curb appeal.
When you decide to take on this challenge, be sure to remember the advice laid out here.
Pin This For Later…
Last Updated on June 30, 2023 by Lucy Clarke